Week In Review: The More You Know

Saturday, July 7, 2018

How was everyone's Independence Day?  This week I began participating in four hashtag games on Twitter pertaining to Something New, so if anyone wants to check my responses out, my account is linked on the "Social Media" tab!  (And if you follow me and are tired of the hashtag games, I'm sorry.)

Currently reading: The Hunger Games trilogy.

Current projects: Something New for Camp NaNo, though I don't have an exact word count for this week.   I think I took care of about 50 pages this week, and haven't worked on it yet today.

Current Bible verse: Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?  Matthew 6:27 NIV

This week, I also finished up my forensic psychology class and in the same breath, started my "psychology of happiness" class.  I'm pretty sure that my immediate thought of "Oh, great.  Happiness journals." when I saw the assignment says a lot about my personality and exactly which side of the "glass half full or empty" life I err on. 
(Credit: TBBT /Tenor) 

I also went to see Incredibles 2 and Solo: A Star Wars Story this week.  I'd give each a solid 4 - 4.5 stars!  Have you seen them yet?

In case you missed it: I did an author interview with Angela R. Watts this week and recently updated the blog post because her book is now available on Amazon!  Go buy it, guys!  My copy is coming on Tuesday, so I'll have a review up soon.  I hope.

Fun thing I learned this week: So four years ago, my youth group and I went to a national youth conference in Colorado.   We made a road trip out of it with other churches in the district and got to see a lot of stuff like the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, etc.  On the way back, they had us tour the Phoenix Gold Mine in Idaho Springs, CO.  Which was great and all.  It was neat, and a lot of girls were freaked out over it being dark inside the mine we toured, so it was funny to tease them about a cave-in, which they were also scared about. 

It was funny until this week. 

Now, a couple of local places are being recorded by ghost-hunting shows, and out of curiosity I've been keeping track of when the episodes will air.  So as I was innocently searching for that, oblivious to what awaited me, I learned that apparently the "Ghost Adventures" crew did a Colorado gold mine episode. 

About the Phoenix Gold Mine. 

And in the same exact flippin' vein of the mine we toured too.
Which I know because I watched the episode and totally didn't sleep after. 

And I have to say that the 'evidence' they supposedly found was pretty compelling, which wasn't comforting at all.  As an on-the-fence skeptic of ghosts.  To sum it up, my church youth group toured a gold mine where a relative of the owner supposedly did black magic in.  Oh and apparently the sectioned-off part of the mine we weren't allowed into *was* caved-in...so maybe those scared girls weren't too far off the reservation for being scared.  Cozy bedtime viewing, right?
(Credit: Psych/Photobucket) 

The more you know...

 On that note, how was your week? 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!